News
Gunman Kills 5 At Colorado Springs LGBTQ Nightclub Club Q

(CTN NEWS) -COLORADO SPRINGS —A shooting at an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs killed at least five people and injured 18 others.
Adrian Vasquez, the Colorado Spring Police Department chief, said at a news conference Sunday morning that Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, is in custody.
Vazquez said Aldrich began shooting immediately after entering the club at about 11.55pm Saturday, and at least two patrons confronted him and subdued him. ” Their actions are greatly appreciated,” he said.
There was no immediate indication of the motive for the attack. Investigators are investigating whether the attack was a hate crime, Vasquez said.
As the president said in a statement on Sunday, “we must drive out the inequities that contribute to violence against LGBTQ people.”
“While no motive has yet been identified in this attack, we are aware that the [LGBTQ] community has been subjected to horrific hate violence in recent years,” Biden said.
“Gun violence continues to have a devastating and particular impact on [LGBTQ] communities across our nation, and violent threats are rising.”
During the shooting, at least two firearms were recovered on the scene, including a long rifle. Michael Allen, the local district attorney, said Sunday that only one person appeared to be involved in the attack.
According to the New York Times, he was wearing body armour and firing a long gun similar to an AR-15.
According to officials, nearly 40 police officers responded to the club’s calls for assistance. Aldrich was being treated for injuries at a hospital on Sunday.

This image provided by KTTV shows the scene after a shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colo., Saturday, Nov. 20, 2022. (KTTV via AP)
According to hospital officials, several of the injured are still in critical condition.
Penrose hospital in Colorado Springs treated five patients with extremity injuries, and two had been released, said chief medical officer William Plauth.
In total, ten people are being treated at UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central, according to David Steinbruner, the hospital’s chief medical officer.
In an archived version of Club Q’s website, a drag show was scheduled on Saturday evenings, according to the FBI’s investigation into the attack.
A punk and alternative show were scheduled for Saturday evening, followed by a birthday dance party starting at 11pm. In a press conference on Sunday, law enforcement officials described the club as a “safe-haven.”
Minutes after midnight, police received a call reporting a shooting. Minutes later, the first officers arrived on the scene.
At 12.02am, law enforcement officials detained the suspect.
Sunday morning was set aside for a drag brunch. Transgender day of remembrance is also observed on Sunday, an annual event to honour transgender people who have been killed by anti-transgender violence since 1999.
“Club Q is devastated by this senseless attack on our community. ‘Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims and their families,’ wrote the club on its Facebook page.
“Our sincere thanks go to the heroic customers who subdued the gunman and ended this hate crime.”
While dancing at Club Q on Saturday night, Joshua Thurman, 34, heard shots while celebrating his birthday.
His response was to run into his dressing room, lock the doors, and turn out the lights. As well as the police coming in, he could hear the gunman being beaten up “by someone I assumed tackled him.”.
“The Colorado Springs has just one safe space, so if it is shot, what will we do?” he said to the local ABC affiliate.
“What are we going to do now? What are we going to do? We can rebuild and come together, but what about all those people who died for no reason? I could have been one of the 18 who was injured.”
Joshua was inside Club Q when the gunman entered. He ran and hid. Heard the gunman being “beat up.” Tells @BeedieonTV “This was our only safe space in The Springs. Where are we gonna go?”#LGBTQ #ClubQ pic.twitter.com/ZkijarxZoc
— Josh Helmuth KRDO (@Jhelmuth) November 20, 2022
According to local news reports, a person with the suspect’s name and age was arrested in 2021 and charged with two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping.
His neighbourhood was evacuated after his mother reported that he threatened to harm her with a homemade bomb.
On Sunday, police declined to comment on those reports.
In an attempt to contact a woman with whom Aldrich lived at two different addresses, phone numbers either went to voicemail or were deactivated.
In May of last year, Aldrich registered to vote. Political affiliation was not declared with his registration.
The attack came amid growing fears of violence and intimidation against drag queens.
Republicans have targeted drag shows with legislation that would ban them, prohibit drag story hours at libraries that would familiarize children with them, and bar minors from attending drag shows.
In the US, LGBTQ venues have been attacked in the past. A gay nightclub in Orlando was the site of one of the deadliest attacks in US history in 2016.
Jared Polis, Colorado’s governor, called the shooting “horrific, sickening, and devastating”.
“My heart breaks for those who were killed, injured, and traumatized by this horrific shooting,” Polis said.
The brave individuals who blocked the gunman, likely saving lives, and the first responders who responded swiftly to this horrific shooting are eternally grateful to Colorado.”
“As we mourn, Colorado stands with our LGBTQ community and everyone affected by this tragedy.”
After their game later that day, the Denver Broncos said they would observe a moment of silence for Sunday’s victims.
In reaction, Eric Sorensen, the first openly gay congressman from Illinois, tweeted: “We must use loud voices to stand up against hate as we pray for those fighting for life.” “Hate speech against the LGBTQ community must stop.”
Devastating news in Colorado Springs where 23 people were shot at an LGBTQ club overnight, according to Police. As we pray for those fighting for life, we must use loud voices to stand up against hate. Our country must turn down the hateful rhetoric aimed at our LGBTQ community.
— Eric Sorensen (@ERICSORENSEN) November 20, 2022
According to Cleveland news anchor Mike Brookbank, Before coming out, bars and clubs like #ClubQ in Colorado Colorado Springs created an environment where I felt comfortable being myself.
They’re places that create & celebrate community when you often feel lost and confused. When I lived in the Springs, I went to Club Q. I’m gutted.”
https://twitter.com/brookbanktv/status/1594303529145044992
As of 2022, there have been 601 mass shootings in the US, according to the Gun Violence Archive, which defines a mass shooting as any incident in which four or more people are injured or killed.
RELATED CTN NEWS:
North Korea’s Kim Boasts A New ICBM As US Bombers Flies
Bipartisan Senate Advances Respect For Same-Sex Marriage Act By 62-37
Afghan Official Lashes 19 People For Adultery And Theft In Northeast Province

News
Google’s Search Dominance Is Unwinding, But Still Accounting 48% Search Revenue

Google is so closely associated with its key product that its name is a verb that signifies “search.” However, Google’s dominance in that sector is dwindling.
According to eMarketer, Google will lose control of the US search industry for the first time in decades next year.
Google will remain the dominant search player, accounting for 48% of American search advertising revenue. And, remarkably, Google is still increasing its sales in the field, despite being the dominating player in search since the early days of the George W. Bush administration. However, Amazon is growing at a quicker rate.
Google’s Search Dominance Is Unwinding
Amazon will hold over a quarter of US search ad dollars next year, rising to 27% by 2026, while Google will fall even more, according to eMarketer.
The Wall Street Journal was first to report on the forecast.
Lest you think you’ll have to switch to Bing or Yahoo, this isn’t the end of Google or anything really near.
Google is the fourth-most valued public firm in the world. Its market worth is $2.1 trillion, trailing just Apple, Microsoft, and the AI chip darling Nvidia. It also maintains its dominance in other industries, such as display advertisements, where it dominates alongside Facebook’s parent firm Meta, and video ads on YouTube.
To put those “other” firms in context, each is worth more than Delta Air Lines’ total market value. So, yeah, Google is not going anywhere.
Nonetheless, Google faces numerous dangers to its operations, particularly from antitrust regulators.
On Monday, a federal judge in San Francisco ruled that Google must open up its Google Play Store to competitors, dealing a significant blow to the firm in its long-running battle with Fortnite creator Epic Games. Google announced that it would appeal the verdict.
In August, a federal judge ruled that Google has an illegal monopoly on search. That verdict could lead to the dissolution of the company’s search operation. Another antitrust lawsuit filed last month accuses Google of abusing its dominance in the online advertising business.
Meanwhile, European regulators have compelled Google to follow tough new standards, which have resulted in multiple $1 billion-plus fines.

Pixa Bay
Google’s Search Dominance Is Unwinding
On top of that, the marketplace is becoming more difficult on its own.
TikTok, the fastest-growing social network, is expanding into the search market. And Amazon has accomplished something few other digital titans have done to date: it has established a habit.
When you want to buy anything, you usually go to Amazon, not Google. Amazon then buys adverts to push companies’ products to the top of your search results, increasing sales and earning Amazon a greater portion of the revenue. According to eMarketer, it is expected to generate $27.8 billion in search revenue in the United States next year, trailing only Google’s $62.9 billion total.
And then there’s AI, the technology that (supposedly) will change everything.
Why search in stilted language for “kendall jenner why bad bunny breakup” or “police moving violation driver rights no stop sign” when you can just ask OpenAI’s ChatGPT, “What’s going on with Kendall Jenner and Bad Bunny?” in “I need help fighting a moving violation involving a stop sign that wasn’t visible.” Google is working on exactly this technology with its Gemini product, but its success is far from guaranteed, especially with Apple collaborating with OpenAI and other businesses rapidly joining the market.
A Google spokeswoman referred to a blog post from last week in which the company unveiled ads in its AI overviews (the AI-generated text that appears at the top of search results). It’s Google’s way of expressing its ability to profit on a changing marketplace while retaining its business, even as its consumers steadily transition to ask-and-answer AI and away from search.
Google has long used a single catchphrase to defend itself against opponents who claim it is a monopoly abusing its power: competition is only a click away. Until recently, that seemed comically obtuse. Really? We are going to switch to Bing? Or Duck Duck Go? Give me a break.
But today, it feels more like reality.
Google is in no danger of disappearing. However, every highly dominating company faces some type of reckoning over time. GE, a Dow mainstay for more than a century, was broken up last year and is now a shell of its previous dominance. Sears declared bankruptcy in 2022 and is virtually out of business. US Steel, long the foundation of American manufacturing, is attempting to sell itself to a Japanese corporation.
SOURCE | CNN
News
2024 | Supreme Court Won’t Hear Appeal From Elon Musk’s X Platform Over Warrant In Trump Case

Washington — Trump Media, The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will not hear an appeal from social media platform X about a search warrant acquired by prosecutors in the election meddling case against former President Donald Trump.
The justices did not explain their rationale, and there were no recorded dissents.
The firm, which was known as Twitter before being purchased by billionaire Elon Musk, claims a nondisclosure order that prevented it from informing Trump about the warrant obtained by special counsel Jack Smith’s team violated its First Amendment rights.
The business also claims Trump should have had an opportunity to exercise executive privilege. If not reined in, the government may employ similar tactics to intercept additional privileged communications, their lawyers contended.
Supreme Court Won’t Hear Appeal From Elon Musk’s X Platform Over Warrant In Trump Case
Two neutral electronic privacy groups also joined in, urging the high court to hear the case on First Amendment grounds.
Prosecutors, however, claim that the corporation never shown that Trump utilized the account for official purposes, therefore executive privilege is not a problem. A lower court also determined that informing Trump could have compromised the current probe.
Trump utilized his Twitter account in the weeks preceding up to his supporters’ attack on the Capitol on January 6, 2021, to spread false assertions about the election, which prosecutors claim were intended to create doubt in the democratic process.
The indictment describes how Trump used his Twitter account to encourage his followers to travel to Washington on Jan. 6, pressuring Vice President Mike Pence to reject the certification, and falsely claiming that the Capitol crowd, which battered police officers and destroyed glass, was peaceful.
Supreme Court Won’t Hear Appeal From Elon Musk’s X Platform Over Warrant In Trump Case
That case is now moving forward following the Supreme Court’s verdict in July, which granted Trump full immunity from criminal prosecution as a former president.
The warrant arrived at Twitter amid quick changes implemented by Musk, who bought the company in 2022 and has since cut off most of its workforce, including those dedicated to combating disinformation and hate speech.
SOURCE | AP
News
The Supreme Court Turns Down Biden’s Government Appeal in a Texas Emergency Abortion Matter.

(VOR News) – A ruling that prohibits emergency abortions that contravene the Supreme Court law in the state of Texas, which has one of the most stringent abortion restrictions in the country, has been upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States. The United States Supreme Court upheld this decision.
The justices did not provide any specifics regarding the underlying reasons for their decision to uphold an order from a lower court that declared hospitals cannot be legally obligated to administer abortions if doing so would violate the law in the state of Texas.
Institutions are not required to perform abortions, as stipulated in the decree. The common populace did not investigate any opposing viewpoints. The decision was made just weeks before a presidential election that brought abortion to the forefront of the political agenda.
This decision follows the 2022 Supreme Court ruling that ended abortion nationwide.
In response to a request from the administration of Vice President Joe Biden to overturn the lower court’s decision, the justices expressed their disapproval.
The government contends that hospitals are obligated to perform abortions in compliance with federal legislation when the health or life of an expectant patient is in an exceedingly precarious condition.
This is the case in regions where the procedure is prohibited. The difficulty hospitals in Texas and other states are experiencing in determining whether or not routine care could be in violation of stringent state laws that prohibit abortion has resulted in an increase in the number of complaints concerning pregnant women who are experiencing medical distress being turned away from emergency rooms.
The administration cited the Supreme Court’s ruling in a case that bore a striking resemblance to the one that was presented to it in Idaho at the beginning of the year. The justices took a limited decision in that case to allow the continuation of emergency abortions without interruption while a lawsuit was still being heard.
In contrast, Texas has been a vocal proponent of the injunction’s continued enforcement. Texas has argued that its circumstances are distinct from those of Idaho, as the state does have an exemption for situations that pose a significant hazard to the health of an expectant patient.
According to the state, the discrepancy is the result of this exemption. The state of Idaho had a provision that safeguarded a woman’s life when the issue was first broached; however, it did not include protection for her health.
Certified medical practitioners are not obligated to wait until a woman’s life is in imminent peril before they are legally permitted to perform an abortion, as determined by the state supreme court.
The state of Texas highlighted this to the Supreme Court.
Nevertheless, medical professionals have criticized the Texas statute as being perilously ambiguous, and a medical board has declined to provide a list of all the disorders that are eligible for an exception. Furthermore, the statute has been criticized for its hazardous ambiguity.
For an extended period, termination of pregnancies has been a standard procedure in medical treatment for individuals who have been experiencing significant issues. It is implemented in this manner to prevent catastrophic outcomes, such as sepsis, organ failure, and other severe scenarios.
Nevertheless, medical professionals and hospitals in Texas and other states with strict abortion laws have noted that it is uncertain whether or not these terminations could be in violation of abortion prohibitions that include the possibility of a prison sentence. This is the case in regions where abortion prohibitions are exceedingly restrictive.
Following the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, which resulted in restrictions on the rights of women to have abortions in several Republican-ruled states, the Texas case was revisited in 2022.
As per the orders that were disclosed by the administration of Vice President Joe Biden, hospitals are still required to provide abortions in cases that are classified as dire emergency.
As stipulated in a piece of health care legislation, the majority of hospitals are obligated to provide medical assistance to patients who are experiencing medical distress. This is in accordance with the law.
The state of Texas maintained that hospitals should not be obligated to provide abortions throughout the litigation, as doing so would violate the state’s constitutional prohibition on abortions. In its January judgment, the 5th United States Circuit Court of Appeals concurred with the state and acknowledged that the administration had exceeded its authority.
SOURCE: AP
SEE ALSO:
Could Last-Minute Surprises Derail Kamala Harris’ Campaign? “Nostradamus” Explains the US Poll.
-
News4 years ago
Let’s Know About Ultra High Net Worth Individual
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Mabelle Prior: The Voice of Hope, Resilience, and Diversity Inspiring Generations
-
News11 years ago
Enviromental Groups Tell Mekong Leaders Lao Dam Evaluation Process Flawed
-
Health4 years ago
How Much Ivermectin Should You Take?
-
Tech2 years ago
Top Forex Brokers of 2023: Reviews and Analysis for Successful Trading
-
Lifestyles3 years ago
Aries Soulmate Signs
-
Entertainment3 years ago
What Should I Do If Disney Plus Keeps Logging Me Out of TV?
-
Health3 years ago
Can I Buy Ivermectin Without A Prescription in the USA?